- We are proud to announce that Chicago Heights has recently been selected to receive the Choice Neighborhood Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Chicago Heights is the first suburb in our Country’s history to receive this grant!
The Choice Neighborhood Grant will help create plans to redevelop housing and revitalize the east-side/downtown neighborhood. [ Read More ]
- Continuing our efforts to revitalize deteriorating buildings within the City, we have recently demolished three properties; 1529 Chicago Road, 1549 Chicago Road, and 1542 Halsted Street. Future plans for these locations are forthcoming.
- We have been working with Oak Street Health over the past several months in hopes of opening a new primary care facility in our City. We are proud to announce that they have recently taken ownership of the former Walgreens located at 1401 Western Avenue! They hope to open their doors soon!
- Chicago Heights is proud to welcome two new businesses into the City. Zicky’s Philly Steak and Lemonade, located at 306 Ashland Avenue, and Chicago Pit Stop BBQ, located at 402 W. 14th Street. Please stop buy and support new local businesses!
- The City recently acquired a 60 acre property located at 600 Sauk Trail. This property is right in the middle of our large industrial region and has received a letter of intent from a prospective buyer.