- Chicago Heights has renewed its Class 8 tax incentive with Republic Service. In doing so, Republic Service is now committing to staying in Chicago Heights for another 10 years. This allows them to retain all jobs, as well as allowing the City to undertake another future development with Republic Services.
- My Jewelry Store, located at 20901 Western Avenue has been open in Chicago Heights since late October. The City proudly welcomes this new business and looks forward to a great working relationship!
- Chicago Heights, in accordance with Cook County, will be the recipient of two Brownfield Grants. These grants are used to help clean-up and revitalize land that has been otherwise unusable because of potential hazardous substances, pollutants, or contamination. The first grant, totaling $600,000, will be used to conduct Phase I and Phase II tests. The second grant, totaling $751,000, will be used for clean-up of the property.
- The new Oak Street Health facility located at 1401 Western Avenue, hosted their Grand Opening on Tuesday, December 11! Take a look at some before and after pictures detailing the renovation work done on that property. Mayor David Gonzalez and the Chicago Heights Economic Development Corporation are proud to bring this business to our City! [ Read More ]
- The Chicago Heights EDC is happy to announce that we have a few new businesses coming to the City. 300 E. Joe Orr Road, which holds a 210,000 SF building, will be purchased by 300 E. Joe Orr LLC, and leased out to separate businesses. Roughly 60,000-80,000 SF of space will be leased to LB Steel, creating 10-15 jobs, and another 40,000-60,000 SF will be leased to Organ X, creating 15 jobs. Furthermore, two other steel fabricators are also interested in leasing the building. Through this plan, a Class 8 tax incentive has been approved for the property.
- Work is continuously being done to expand the storage facility on 13th street between Division Street and Damico Drive. View our Facebook page for pictures.
- We are proud to announce that Chicago Heights has recently been selected to receive the Choice Neighborhood Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Chicago Heights is the first suburb in our Country’s history to receive this grant!
The Choice Neighborhood Grant will help create plans to redevelop housing and revitalize the east-side/downtown neighborhood. [ Read More ]